Formed in San Diego in the early 90’s Unwritten Law has undeniably paved the way for Rock/Alternative musicians around the world with staple MultiPlatinum releases like Elva, Unwritten Law and Live and Lawless. Last month, the band announced their highly anticipated eighth studio album, Acoustic due out April 1, 2016, via Cyber Tracks, owned by El Hefe (guitarist of NOFX) and wife Jen Abeyta.
Today, fans are able to preorder a digital copy of Acoustic for $9 via Cyber Tracks website here and sample 30 second clips of all 13 tracks.
Upon initial purchase of the preorder, fans will receive an instant surprise gratification track immediately with two additional surprise tracks to be rewarded on March 1st and March 22nd which are before the actual release date.
Fans can be on the lookout for more exciting announcements to come soon!
Acoustic is a masterful 13track record filled with newly rerecorded Unwritten Law hits from Unwritten Law, Elva, Here’s To The Mourning, Swan, and The Hit List into flawless acoustic renditions. The emotionally rich album will also feature two brand new tracks including “Huartbreaker” a cover originally performed by John Legend and MSTRKRFT and “Belongs To You,” written by Scott Russo. The album features Scott Russo (Vocals/Guitar), Chris Lewis (Guitar, currently in Fenix TX), Jonny Grill (Bass), and original drummer Wade Youman; produced by Jim Perkins and Scott Russo, Additional production by Chris Lewis and Joe Marlett, Mixed by Joe Marlett, and Mastered by Tom Baker of Baker Mastering.
1. “Celebration” (Originally “Celebration Song” Here’s to the Mourning, 2005)
2. “Nevermind” ( Swan, 2011)
3. “Oblivion” (Originally “Welcome to Oblivion” The Hit List, 2007 (also on Live and Lawless, 2008))
4. “Huartbreaker” (Originally performed by John Legend and MSTRKRFT)
5. “Up All Night” ( Elva, 2002)
6. “ Seeing Red” ( Elva, 2002)
7. “Teenage” (Originally “Teenage Suicide” Unwritten Law, 98)
8. “Starships” (Originally“Starships and Apocalypse” Swan, 2011)
9. “Shoulda” (Originally “I Shoulda Known Better” Live and Lawless, 08)
10. “I Like The Way” ( Here’s To The Mourning, 2005)
11. “Save Me” (Originally “Save Me (Wake Up Call)” Here’s To The Mourning, 2005)
12. “ Cailin” ( Unwritten Law, 1998)
13. “Belongs To You”
Unwritten Law will be hitting the road with Fenix TX this March kicking off their tour Pomona, CA at The Glass House and hitting Los Angeles, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Boston, New York City, and Las Vegas to name a few.
In addition, the band has two VIP options for fans:
(1) Band Hangout (ticket not included): includes early entry, first access to merch, exclusive CD featuring tracks by both bands, intimate soundcheck performance, M&G with Unwritten Law and Fenix TX, photo opportunity, signings and VIP Laminate.
(2) Band Hangout & Access (ticket not included): includes early entry, first access to merch, exclusive CD featuring tracks by both bands, intimate soundcheck performance, M&G with Unwritten Law and Fenix TX, photo opportunity, signings, VIP Laminate and watch the show from the stage (NOTE only 2 available per show)!
VIP ticket packages can be ordered here: http://ticketspin.com/ulftx
Unwritten Law Tour Dates
All dates are with Fenix TX except for the shows marked
9 Pomona, CA @ Glass House
10 Los Angeles, CA. @ The Palladium (with Pennywise)
11 Scottsdale, AZ @ Pub Rock Live
13 Flagstaff, AZ @ The Green Room (No Fenix TX)
15 Kansas City, KS @ Riot Room (No Fenix TX)
16 Nashville, TN @ City Winery (No Fenix TX)
18 Austin, TX @ SXSW
19 Dallas, TX @ So What?! Music Festival
20 Houston, TX @ House of Blues (with NOFX)
21 San Antonio, TX @ 502 Bar
24 St. Petersburg, FL. @ The State Theatre
25 Cape Canaveral, FL. @Millikens Reef
26 Fort Pierce, FL @ The Inlet
27 Cape Coral, FL @ Dixie Roadhouse
28 Jacksonville, FL. @ Freebird Live
29 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
30 Baltimore, MD @ Soundstage
31 Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
1 — Boston, MA @ Middle East Downstairs
2 — New York City, NY @ Marlin Room (Webster Hall)
4 — Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
5 — Cleveland, OH @ The Grog Shop
6 — Columbus, OH @ A&R Music Bar
7 — Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall
8 — Omaha, NE @ Slowdown
9 — Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
10 — Colorado Springs, CO @ The Black Sheep
11 — Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
12 — Reno, NV. @ PB & J’s
13 — Las Vegas, NV @ Backstage Bar
14 — Long Beach, CA @ The Federal (No Fenix TX)
15— Santa Ana, CA @ The Ritz (No Fenix TX)
16 — Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst (No Fenix TX)
UNWRITTEN LAW SOCIAL MEDIA: